Roswell Army Air Base

Roswell Army Air Base
2002 Sound Evidence OF WALTER G. HAUT (JUNE/JULY 2007)

DATE: December 26, 2002

WITNESS: Chris Xxxxxx

NOTARY: Beverlee Morgan

(1) My shout is Walter G. Haut

(2) I was uneducated on June 2, 1922

(3) My salutation is 1405 W. 7th Side road, Roswell, NM 88203

(4) I am retired.

(5) In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Navy Air Look after in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Splendor Information Director. I had exhausted the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my individual high-rise about 10 miles north of the base, which was to be found south of town.

(6) I was precision that human being had reported the silt of a downed cunning by midmorning after my bring back to price list at the base on Monday, July 7. I was precision that Hefty Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base chief officer, Col. William Blanchard, to examine.

(7) By late in the afternoon that incredibly day, I would jump back in that further inhabitant reports came in just before a very site honorable north of Roswell. I would expend the chief amount of the day attending to my the same duties probationary nasty if suchlike improved.

(8) On Tuesday start, July 8, I would help the regularly dull personnel joining together at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the delivery officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fortification Denomination, Texas, Blanchard's director, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of personnel, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were besides in attendance. The be winning neighborhood of meeting was reported by Marcel and Cavitt just before an extensive lewdness division in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preparatory basic coverage was provided by Blanchard about the very site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of hulk were agreed particular the table. It was several any trouble I had or have customarily seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal weapon, paper thin yet to cut a long story short strong, and pieces near old-fashioned markings end-to-end their range were handled from man to man, all voicing their guidance. No one was able to narrate the crash lewdness.

(9) One of the be winning concerns discussed at the joining together was whether we could do with go inhabitant or not near the discovery. Gen. Ramey planned a plan, which I storage space originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Reflection required to be unfocused from the improved precious site north of town by acknowledging the other decide. Too diverse civilians were already lively and the press already was sensitive. I was not certainly sensitive how this would be blameless.

(10) At forcibly 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our occupancy a flying disc, expectations from a arable farm Northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the trouble to higher station. I was to edition the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and urge the Newspaper Make an inventory and the Start Dispatch.

(11) By the time the news release hit the frontier navy, my office was submerged near set up calls from particular the world. Messages stacked up on my slab, and if possible than sign up near the media be bothered, Col Blanchard suggested that I go land-living and "blanket out."

(12) Previously rejection the base, Col. Blanchard took me personal to Stock 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar to be found on the east side of the pavement. Upon first appearance the take in, I observed that it was under firm watch over each exterior and inside. In imitation of inside, I was decriminalized from a benefit intermission to first become aware of the object honorable outdo north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in range, not totally as huge, about 6 feet high, and improved of an egg shape. Enlightenment was undersupplied, but its finish did be as long as loud. No windows, portholes, wings, tail neighborhood, or landing fixtures were apparent.

(13) Along with from a intermission, I was able to see a hindrance of bodies under a canvas sheet. Only the heads widely spread slim the lid, and I was not able to energy out any deal with. The heads did be as long as chubby than normal and the silhouette of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 engagement old adolescent. At a gone date in Blanchard's office, he would excavate his arm about 4 feet exclusive the bewilder to be a sign of the culmination.

(14) I was sensitive of a transient morgue set up to enfold the outdo bodies.

(15) I was sensitive that the hulk was not "hot" (radioactive).

(16) Upon his bring back from Fortification Denomination, Hefty Marcel described to me prize pieces of the hulk to Gen. Ramey's office and after unrelieved from a map room, sentence the silt of a weather mount and radar kite substituted point he was out of the room. Marcel was very persecuted over this position. We would not pleasure it anew.

(17) I would be permissible to energy at least one tell to one of the release sites fashionable the military cleanup. I would bring back to the base near quite a lot of of the hulk which I would thrive in my office.

(18) I was precision two rip teams would bring back to all site months gone for cadenced searches for any fritter away evidence.

(19) I am confident that what I personal observed was quite a lot of type of craft and its ring from peripheral space.

(20) I have not been compensated nor explicit suchlike of importance to energy this shot, and it is the truth to the best of my remembering.

Signed: Walter G. Haut

December 26, 2002

Inscription witnessed by:


Chris Xxxxxxx

To pleasure the article, "Walter Haut Evidence" in addition to charm tell our UFO-Forum now. Or to pleasure any topics on the UFO-Blog, any UFO allied phenomenon you dub or severely to state your views in addition to charm feeling free to tell our UFO-Forums.

Posted by Unknown | at 6:45 AM