Ufos And Billionaires

Ufos And Billionaires
I got an odd newsletter today from Paradigm Research Group (PRG), which was behind the recent un-blockbuster, non-earthshaking Citizen Hearing on Disclosure and the all-too-human Atacama Humanoid. I was pretty sure I had never signed up to receive this newsletter or anything at all from PRG, but the mystery was quickly solved in the first paragraph of the newsletter:

"NOTE: In addition to PRG's core mailing list this PRG Update is being sent out to all those who have shown an interest in the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure that was produced by PRG in Washington, DC from April 29 to May 3. If you are receiving a PRG Update for the first time and do not wish to receive occasional PRG Updates in the future, you may unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of this email."

So there you go: I am not on PRG's core mailing list, but I had shown an "interest" in the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure. Apparently that makes me an easy mark, because the newsletter turns out to be a pretty shameless fund raising letter. I'll get to the shameless part in a minute, because the newsletter started out with an article that really caught my eye. It said that billionaire NASA contractor Robert Bigelow, in a recent guest spot on "Coast to Coast AM", repeatedly confirmed the presence of extraterrestrials engaging the human race."

That's pretty big news, I guess, but then there was more: Bigelow also said on the show that he supports "Disclosure," which he calls "Confirmation," because billionaires can call things anything they want. But then the newsletter said that, "Like many others, Mr. Bigelow confuses Disclosure (capital "D") with disclosure (small "d"). He does not support the revealing of information to the public beyond the basic announcement itself. Disclosure (capital "D") is just the basic acknowledgement and the primary goal of the ET truth movement."

I have reread that paragraph three times and I can't make heads or tails of it. It's so poorly worded (and this was written by a PR firm, folks!), I have no bloody idea what the difference is between the two kinds of D/disclosure, or which one Bigelow or the ET truth movement support.

And what about this: They're quoting what the guy said "on a radio show", and they can somehow tell whether he said the word "Disclosure" with a small "d" or a capital "D"? This is radio, folks. Unless the guy was shrieking, he was talking in all lower case.

Now I will admit right here that I did not know there was any difference between Big-D Disclosure and little-d disclosure, but leave it to UFO folks to create an artificial divide where none existed before. Apparently there is a difference, and it's a big one, and I'd better decide pretty damn soon whether I'm for it or agin' it. Don't ask me to make sense of that, because it can't be done, and that's the point.

I did an image search on Google for "Disclosure" and "disclosure" and got the exact same shit. Who are these guys?

What the world really needs to know is whether Bigelow supports Big-C Confirmation or little-c confirmation, because I'm sure there's a world of difference between the two. And if there isn't we'll make some.

But, alas, the newsletter did not give me time to ponder any of this, because it ended the Bigelow story with this amazing comment: "As of March 31, 2013, Robert Bigelow became the wealthiest person on Earth to acknowledge the extraterrestrial presence. Which billionaire will be next? Spielberg, Lucas, Gates, Branson, Soros?"

That is about the stupidest question ever asked, but I have a pretty sharp answer: I don't know which billionaire will be next to acknowledge the extraterrestrial presence, but when you find out who it is, start sending your lousy fund-raising newsletters to him/her". "Because I don't appreciate your newsletter announcing that PRG is going to start fundraising for this Citizen Hearing Part II and crowdsourcing for another new documentary and hoping I'll get the hint.

I just opted out of receiving future newsletters from PRG. How long will it take for another newsletter to show up in my inbox?

Posted by Unknown | at 4:06 AM